I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics at Trinity College Dublin, a Research affiliate of IM-TCD (International Macro-TCD) and SUERF – The European Money and Finance Forum and a Research fellow of the BAFFI-CAREFIN centre, Bocconi University. I am also Associate Editor of the International Journal of Finance & Economics.
I am an applied economist and my research interests include Central Banking, Central Bank Independence, Financial Stability, Banking and Financial Supervision, International Economics and International Macroeconomics.
- Central Bank Communication and Social Media: From Silence to Twitter, with D. Masciandaro and O. Peia (October 2022)
- Competition and Innovation in the Financial Sector: Evidence from the Rise of FinTech Start-Ups, with D. Caragea, T. Cojoianu, M. Dobri, A. G. F. Hoepner, and O. Peia (July 2022)
- The political economy of reforms in central bank design: evidence from a new dataset, (Economic Policy, 2022) [Open access]
- Database on Central Bank Independence for 154 countries (1972-2017)
- Did bank lending stifle innovation in Europe during the Great Recession?, with O. Peia, ( Journal of International Money and Finance, 2022) [Open access]
- Political Voice on Monetary Policy: Evidence from the Parliamentary Hearings of the European Central Bank, with F.M. Ferrara, D. Masciandaro, and M. Moschella (European Journal of Political Economy, 2022)
- Disagreement inside the FOMC: New Insights from Tone Analysis, with H. Bennani (September 2021)
- Tweeting on Monetary Policy and Market Sentiments: The Central Bank Surprise Index, with D. Masciandaro and G. Rubera (Updated: March 2021)
- Banking supervision and external auditors: Theory and empirics, with Donato Masciandaro and Oana Peia (Journal of Financial Stability, 2020)
Department of Economics
Trinity College Dublin
Room 3010, Arts Building
Dublin 2, Ireland